Go Back   AudiFreaks > Model Forums > Audi TT

Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 PM
First Gear

Default My SAI, EVAP, N249, delete

I was using the Ultimate delete from vortex. Here is the actual one....

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...CV-EVAP-Delete

My TT is does not have the blue balls. Here is what I found in its place. This is the stuff I need to remove correct? I also need to resistor this connector.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Fourth Gear

If there is a way to disassemble it to the solenoid or whatever thing plugs into the socket, that'd be better, you won't throw a code and don't have to hack the wiring

Clutch and timing belt ASAP, saving for an exhaust turbine and Pag DP
Old 12-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Fourth Gear

i haven't had blue balls since i was in college...
Old 12-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Third Gear

I have removed the same thing, the evap wire u have to put a resistor into is the one in the engine bay that is plugged into the black plastic container right next to the power steering fluid. As far as that plug under the fender I don't know I would imagine u would have to resistor it as well.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 PM
First Gear

Anyone know what that is under the passenger fender liner?

It has 3 wires versus the normal 2 so just putting a resistor in is confusing. I guess for now I will just leave it in there plugged in.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Look for a part number on that connection. If there is one a google search will show what its for.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Second Gear

Curious I have a BEA engine (225Q), I have no engine mods on the car. By doing this delete does it really help the car perform better? Also it will affect my emissions right?
Old 12-10-2010, 01:37 PM
First Gear

I have googled the part #'s and keep coming up with nothing concrete. There are several #'s, pa66-gf33, pa66-m40, 8n0 201 347 b, and sa5 4d0 906 271.

There is an air filter on it. It looks like some type of vacuum pump. Nobody mentions this in their diy deletes. However it does go to the same two lines that run to the blue balls on other awp's.

Cincy, did you delete all your stuff? Did your TT not have this?
Old 12-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxyzxo View Post
Curious I have a BEA engine (225Q), I have no engine mods on the car. By doing this delete does it really help the car perform better? Also it will affect my emissions right?
It removes leak points, parts that fail, and clutter in the engine bay. No performance at all besides a few pounds lost. It will make you fail emissions unless you still have a cat and all the codes are written out. Then you could still pass emissions testings depending on state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockeTT View Post
I have googled the part #'s and keep coming up with nothing concrete. There are several #'s, pa66-gf33, pa66-m40, 8n0 201 347 b, and sa5 4d0 906 271.

There is an air filter on it. It looks like some type of vacuum pump. Nobody mentions this in their diy deletes. However it does go to the same two lines that run to the blue balls on other awp's.

Cincy, did you delete all your stuff? Did your TT not have this?
I cant even find anything close to that part number. My evap stuff is completely different that yours. I also dont have blue balls on my ATC
Old 12-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Second Gear

Thanks Cincy.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Fourth Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxyzxo View Post
I'd also add that it makes the car feel a bit better, the direct DV connection is nice and crisp

Clutch and timing belt ASAP, saving for an exhaust turbine and Pag DP
Old 12-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Fifth Gear

Agreed. I never took out my evap stuff. Just resistered it. Not like it weighs anything.

Last edited by Warranty; 12-12-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:55 PM
First Gear

Before removing all the extra stuff I could only pull 16lbs of boost and it would drop to about 11lbs. My first test run and it was boosting up to 19lbs and coming down to around 14. It drove and idled much better. My PCV system was shot. I think I have completely rooted out all my leaks.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Fifth Gear

Nice dude, Congrats! Should get some snap back in your crap. Its a nice change. I think I might try an MBC again now that I've gotten rid of all that crap and my leaks.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Third Gear

I believe that it is the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve (N115) that is normally located above the muffler. The reason that I say that is the regulator valve (black plastic tank in the engine bay by the power steering fluid) was connected to it, via two hoses. So that plug is the (N115) plug. Hope that helps. Only reason that it may have been moved is due to my car being a roadster maybe or maybe its a 225 thing...